Child Care first aid
Offered at our Brisbane & Gold Coast Campus
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)+ HLTAID012 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Course Code: HLTAID009 + HLTAID012
This full day session is designed specifically for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting and satisfies ACECQA requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
This class covers all the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to any infant, child or adult including the use of all 3 manikin types during CPR.
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
- Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- incident reporting in a childcare setting
- child physiology
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
- This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
- Students are required to successfully complete a knowledge verification and language, literacy & numeracy questionnaire, prior to commencing face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to kneel and perform CPR on the floor uninterrupted for at least two minutes.
- Students must be minimum of 15+ years of age.
1-day course with 2 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day.
Upon completion of the course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment to certify that you have been trained and shown competence in HLTAID012 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting.
Your First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for your certification to remain current.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Refresher option available to holders of certificates about to expire
- Great trainers offer you enough support to pass
- Bring a Friend and get 5% OFF!*
1. HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – $60
2. HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting + HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)– $128