CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community Specialisation)
Currently offered only online learning
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community Specialisation)
Course code: CHC33015
13 units including 7 core and 6 electives
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support are currently offered online study. These nationally recognised qualifications provide learners with the skills necessary to work in a range of contexts in an individual support setting. This course is suited to those who want a career change, are re-entering the workforce or want to kick off a meaningful and rewarding career with excellent employment prospects. This qualification reflects the role of care workers in the age care, disability and community setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability, or some other reason.
There are no academic entry requirements for this course. Successful applicants will need to:
- Be able to handle physical aspects of the role
- Be emotionally equipped to handle the role
- Have a passion for caring for the elderly
Learners are likely to have needs related to:
- Accommodating work and other commitments with study
- Accommodating a variety of learning styles
- Socio-economic factors
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- Cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Technology access and usability
- A Police Check certificate (students are responsible for the cost of conducting your Police Check)
Total full time course duration up to 29 weeks. Total part time course duration up to 52 weeks
Individual Training Plans and Schedules will be developed as required taking into consideration each individual leaner needs and program requirements.
The CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) provides for employment in the following roles:
In Home Respite Worker, Nurse’s Aide, Planned Activity Assistant, Accommodation Support Worker, Care Service Employee, Community Care Worker, Care Assistant, Client Assistant, Care Worker, Home Care Assistant, Residential Care Worker, Residential Support Worker, Senior Personal Care Assistant, Transport Support Worker, Residential aide.
• CHC43015 – Certificate IV in Ageing Support / CHC44015 – Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs / CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability / CHC43415 – Certificate IV in Leisure and Health / CHC43315 – Certificate IV in Mental Health
Qualifies you to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in varied contexts to undertake skilled work.
• CHC53415 – Diploma of Leisure and Health
Qualifies you to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skills in work.
Fees and Funding
This Course is for Fee for Service only
Fee for Service (Full Fee)
|Qualification Name and Code||CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)|
|Number of Units||13|
|Administration Fee||$200 (Non refundable after 14 days of cooling off period of enrolment)|
|Cost per Unit||$200|
Rise Education and Training is considering the candidate’s/student’s financial situation during the Global COVID-19 Pandemic Stage. Rise Education and Training marketed a promotional sale for the Course Fee from 1 2022 to 31st December 2023, the following Course Fees apply:
*All the Fee for Service Students will be discounted 50% of all units’ Fee from the Full Course Fee.
Course Name: CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Total Course Full Fee: $3400
Discounted 50% of Units Fee: $1700
*The above fees include $200 Administration Fee and $200 Material Fee.
Core Units CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community specialisation)
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Elective Units CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community specialisation)
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures