Certificate III in Individual Support
Offered our online learning with 50% OFF of FULL FEE
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Course Code: CHC33015
13 units including 7 core & 6 electives
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) and CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) are offered face-to-face zoom class. These nationally recognised qualifications provide learners with the skills necessary to work in a range of contexts in an individual support setting. Qualified professional care workers who work across jobs in health, aged care and disability care are in high demand, with the industry set to lead Queensland’s employment growth into 2020. Around 50,000 new Queensland jobs are forecast to be generated in the healthcare and individual support industry over the next coming years.
This course is suited to those who want a career change, are re-entering the workforce or want to kick off a meaningful and rewarding career with excellent employment prospects. This qualification reflects the role of care workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability, or some other reason.
There are no academic entry requirements for this course. Successful applicants will need to:
- Achieve a level of language, literacy, and numeracy appropriate for a Certificate III course
- Be able to handle physical aspects of the role
- Be emotionally equipped to handle the role
- Have a passion for caring for the elderly
The course will be delivered over approximately 630 hours including face to face formal classroom training, structured self-paced learning, and work placement, for a minimum of 26 weeks and up to a maximum of 52 weeks.
The Certificate III in Individual Support provides for employment in the following roles:
In Home Respite Worker, Nurse’s Aide, Planned Activity Assistant, Accommodation Support Worker, Care Service Employee, Community Care Worker, Care Assistant, Client Assistant, Care Worker, Home Care Assistant, Residential Care Worker, Residential Support Worker, Senior Personal Care Assistant, Transport Support Worker, Residential aide, etc.
• Certificate IV in Ageing Support / Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs / Certificate IV in Disability / Certificate IV in Leisure and Health / Certificate IV in Mental Health
Qualifies you to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in varied contexts to undertake skilled work.
• Diploma of Leisure and Health
Qualifies you to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work.
• Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
Qualifies you to apply specialised knowledge in a range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work.
This Course if for Fee for Service only
Fee for Service (Full Fee)
|Qualification Name & Code||CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support|
|Number of Units||13|
|Enrolment Fee||$200 (Non refundable after 14 days of cooling off period of enrolment)|
|Cost per Unit||$200|
Core Units CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Elective Units CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community specialisation)
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCDISS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Interested in studying at our face-to-face zoom training or online learning? Or if you would like to learn more about our Government funded programs, send us an enquiry.